Friday, August 6, 2010

Getting to Know Me: Beyond the About Me

Well, this can only start off one way in my world; "Once upon a time..." "Yeah right, only in fairy tales!" one might say. Why is that though? You can make your life a fairy tale and realistic at the same time. That's how I live my life. I am Jessica, a freshman in college with a lot to learn. I grew up in a small town called Greenwood. Sadly, still today, this is where I call home. I do love it here though, I am always indecisive of which side of the fence I'm actually on. Anyway, I live in a typical household. I have two parents who love me very much and a brother in college who, well, is a typical big brother. I have an amazing boyfriend, Steven. Although I am still so young, I know he is the one I want to be with for forever; fairy tale stuff again. He and I have been dating for 7 months and 5 days (Miss Specific, I know - haha). I am a typical college girl I guess one could say. My life consists of studying, boys, and social networking! How would today's society survive without Facebook and Twitter?! I am hoping this won't interfer with my studies but I can only hope to find a balance. This whole college thing is going to take some getting used to. Which leads me to where I am today. I attend Lander University where I am majoring in nursing. My dreams so far are to graduate college and pass my state boards, work for one year in ICU, and then go to nurse anethesis school. Woosh, what a life I have ahead of me. I know it will be extremely difficult but I am willing to do my best, if not better, to succeed. Having a man that will stick by your side that long is worth marrying! We'll have to see if Steven can put up with this girl that long, poor baby! Although having a great relationship with family and an amazing guy, I would be nowhere nor get nowhere without having a strong relationship with Jesus. I sometimes feel alone and then he calls my name, reassuring me that He is there beside me. I hope and pray everyday that I make the right decisions and that I live the way God wants me to live. I truly hope that God will put people in my life in college that will help me not loose the way and get mixed up in the "true college experience." Pageants are my thing, honey! Although the outside world may think that pageants are awful, they are actually a great way to meet new people and learn life experiences. In peageants, you always run into girls who think they are better than others, which is okay because they are missing out on getting to know great young ladies. I have always loved playing dress up and when I got into doing pageants, I found out how talented I was with make up and fashion. Hair on the other hand, I would rather keep simple because its sort of not one of my talents. I love tanning! I used to go to the tanning bed religously but lately I have been too busy to even go! Especially now since I am starting my new job as a hostess at Outback. I am super excited because we have to wear all black (not in an emo way) and black is so my color! I hope one would find this introduction welcoming and learn that I am a very sweet and caring young lady.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! So I wanted to invite you to follow my blog. Where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle© " This is how I promote all my followers. Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
    ♥ Elle

    ReplyDelete